I created this Chocolate Butterfinger Bark as part of a shop that has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. As always, all opinions are my own. #ReinventSweet #CollectiveBias
Have you stocked up on Halloween candy yet? I bought ours, and I’ve already broken into it. I’m sure you’re not surprised; it’s no secret that I have sweet tooth! When it comes to my favorite candy (or my whole family’s for that matter), we love chocolate and peanut butter. It’s such a classic, irresistible combination!
Although Halloween candy is delicious on its own, I used Butterfinger and Butterfinger Peanut Butter Cups as an ingredient in this simple chocolate bark. This recipe is a creative way to use up extra Halloween candy and create a homemade treat to share. It’s a fun twist on candy, and with only 4 ingredients, it’s fast and easy too!
I melted semisweet chocolate chips and poured the melted chocolate onto a baking sheet. I swirled in a combination of melted white chocolate and peanut butter, then topped the whole thing with chopped Butterfinger and Butterfinger Peanut Butter Cups! The chocolate is velvety smooth and the Butterfinger adds a slight crunch and unmistakable peanut butter flavor. With that much chocolate and peanut butter, you know it’s going to be good!
This chocolate bark is perfect for gifting to friends or neighbors. Package it in festive containers to share with the candy-lovers in your life. It’s also great to snack on during upcoming Halloween festivities. Place it in a bowl and watch it disappear!
Head to Walmart to stock up on Butterfinger Fun-Size, Butterfinger Cups Fun-Size, or Butterfinger Peanut Butter Cup Minis. Make sure to get your $1 with Ibotta rebate. If you’re looking for additional ways to use your Butterfinger once you get all that candy home, check out the Butterfinger Pinterest Page for recipe inspiration. Let me know if you try any of the recipes. I’d love to hear about them!
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup creamy peanut butter (not natural)
- 1 generous cup chopped Butterfinger and/or Butterfinger Peanut Butter Cups
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner, and set aside.
- Place the semisweet chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water (the water should not be boiling, and the bottom of the bowl should not be touching the water). Stir occasionally with a rubber spatula until the chocolate is melted and creamy. The key is to melt it slowly.
- Meanwhile, heat white chocolate chips and peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl in 30 seconds increments, stirring in between, until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the melted semisweet chocolate onto the prepared baking sheet and spread into a 10x13 inch rectangle. Drizzle the peanut butter over the top. Drag a knife back and forth until you achieve a swirl effect. Immediately top with chopped Butterfinger candy.
- Transfer to the refrigerator until firm, then break into irregular pieces.