This Lasagna Soup recipe was created as part of a shop that has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are my own. #RecipeTwist #CollectiveBias
Try this hearty and comforting soup filled with all the flavors of lasagna – ground beef, Prego Traditional Italian Sauce, pasta, and lots of cheese! Made in one pot and ready in under an hour.
How was your weekend? It was drizzly and chilly here. We stayed inside and dove into hearty bowls of this Lasagna Soup – it was absolutely perfect! I’m excited to share this recipe with you today. It is one my family’s favorites. This soup is a twist on traditional lasagna, with all the flavors you love, but half the work! It is made in only one pot and it is ready in under an hour.
This soup is packed with flavor. It’s filled with ground beef, Italian seasoning, Prego Traditional Italian Sauce, and pasta (I also sneak in some carrots and spinach). Each serving of soup is topped with ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, and parmesan cheese. It literally tastes like you’re eating a big bowl of lasagna!
My family enjoys this soup all year long but, it is especially delicious during the chilly winter months when we crave warm comfort foods. Not only does this soup come together quickly, it is also very family friendly. Prepare to watch your family devour it! Once you try this twist on lasagna you’ll come back to this recipe again and again.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups finely chopped fresh spinach
- 24-oz jar Prego Traditional Italian Sauce
- 3 cups beef broth (preferably low-sodium)
- 15-oz can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 scant cups campanelle or radiatore pasta
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute ground beef in olive oil until cooked through. Add onion, carrot, garlic, and spinach and saute for 5 minutes. Add another drizzle of olive oil if necessary. Add Prego Traditional Italian Sauce, beef broth, tomato sauce, salt, Italian seasoning, and bay leaf. Simmer, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes.
- Bring mixture to a boil, add pasta, and cook until pasta is tender, about 10 minutes. Stir frequently so that the pasta doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan. Add water as needed (I added 2 cups), as the pasta will absorb some of the liquid. Discard the bay leaf, then serve immediately.
- Top each bowl of soup with mozzarella, ricotta, and parmesan cheese.