Easy egg salad flavored with sweet pickle relish and diced pimentos.
I apologize for the radio silence around here last week. I had plans to share several recipes with you leading up to Easter, but I got the stomach flu early last week. There was a period of several days in which I could barely think about food.
The stomach flu isn’t the best topic to talk about on a food blog, but I’m trying to keep things real around here. I want you to know that my life isn’t always cupcakes and freshly baked cookies. I wish it was though. 😉
I’m happy to be feeling normal again. Hooray! I was better in time to enjoy a beautiful Easter weekend with my family. I hope your Easter was filled with the people you love, delicious food and an endless supply of chocolate eggs. I’m bringing you an egg salad recipe today in case you have some hard boiled eggs leftover from this weekend’s festivities.
I like egg salad many different ways, but if I had to choose my favorite this would be it. Easy on the mayo, a little yellow mustard for a subtle sharpness, and the addition of sweet pickle relish and diced pimento, for color and sweetness. Spread it on a slice of soft bread and enjoy!
- 6 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish, drained and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimentos, drained and patted dry
- salt and pepper, to taste
- paprika, for garnish (if desired)
- Place the chopped eggs, mayonnaise, mustard, relish, salt and pepper in a bowl. Stir to combine. Add the pimentos and stir gently until incorporated. I add the pimentos separately to avoid overmixing them. If they get stirred around too much their color will bleed into the egg salad.
- Refrigerate or serve immediately. I like mine served open face on a piece of soft bread. Sprinkle each sandwich with paprika, if desired.