A flaky puff pastry tart filled with lemon cream and topped with fresh raspberries. Simple, beautiful, and delicious.
Does it feel like spring yet where you live? It does here in Arizona and I have been loving it. Our citrus trees are blooming, our herbs have been planted and we’ve been enjoying picnics and outdoor time.
Spring here is short-lived and at any moment it will be miserably hot, so I’m soaking it up while I can. The beautiful weather put me in the mood for something light and fresh. In less than an hour, I whipped up this raspberry lemon cream tart, and it was perfect.
It’s made with store bought puff pastry and the filling is no-bake, so it comes together quickly. The fresh raspberries compliment the bright lemon flavor in the filling and the buttery puff pastry adds the perfect amount of richness. Not only is this tart simple, it’s also delicious and beautiful.
You’ll look for any reason to whip up this Raspberry Lemon Cream Tart. It’s a little slice of Spring on a plate.
- Flour, for the work surface
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed in the refrigerator
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ⅔ cup powdered sugar
- zest of one small lemon
- 3 tablespoons lemon curd
- 2 half-pints of raspberries, or any other berry you choose
- Additional powdered sugar, for dusting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cut a piece of parchment paper the size of a standard baking sheet or use a silicone baking mat. Place the parchment paper or mat on a flat surface and very lightly dust it with flour. On the floured surface, roll out the puff pastry into a 9x11 inch rectangle.
- Carefully lift the parchment paper/mat, with the pastry on it, onto a baking sheet.
- Using the tip of a sharp knife, score a one-inch border around the pastry, being careful not to cut all the way through. This outer edge will puff up and hold in your filling and toppings once the tart is assembled. Brush the border with beaten egg and sprinkle with granulated sugar. Bake for 13-15 minutes, until golden brown and puffed.
- Remove the puff pastry from the oven and rescore the border of the puff pastry, being careful not to cut all the way through. Gently press down on the center of the pastry to flatten it slightly. Allow the border to remain thick and puffed up. Cool to room temperature.
- For the filling: Beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form, set aside.
- Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, lemon zest and lemon curd until smooth and combined. Fold the whipped cream into the lemon mixture until combined. Be careful not to overmix it - you want the filling to maintain a light texture.
- For assembly: Pour the lemon filling into the pastry shell using a butter knife to smooth the top. Top the tart with raspberries and dust with powdered sugar. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.