All the flavors of a taco in an easy one-pot meal. Beef, corn, black beans, green chiles, and taco seasoning make up this flavorful soup. Garnish with your favorite taco toppings – cheese, sour cream, avocado, or tortilla chips.Who loves tacos? Me, me, me! Maybe it’s the California girl in me, but I will eat just about anything that I can throw avocado, sour cream, and cheese on. Tacos are one of my favorite things to make. They are fun, easy, and they can be made so many different ways.
This soup takes all the flavors of a taco and throws them together into a one-pot meal. The best part of a taco (for me) are the toppings, so we’re going to pile our soup with sour cream, cheese, avocado, and green onion. And of course… tortilla chips! Crush up tortilla chips and stir them into your soup, or serve a big bowl of tortilla chips on the side. My husband loves to eat this soup with chips as his utensil. It’s not a bad idea. Give it a try!
The base of this soup is actually quite healthy. If you’re watching what you’re eating, or looking for a lighter option, the soup itself is full of protein and fiber and loaded with flavor.
This is a fantastic one-pot meal for any night of the week! It’s family friendly and easily adaptable to make however you like it. It’s great for game day too! I say any food that can be eaten off of a chip in front of the TV is perfect for game day.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef (I used lean ground beef)
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 4 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes (I used fire roasted)
- 4 oz can diced green chiles
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1½ cups frozen corn (I used fire roasted)
- 15 oz can black beans, drained
- Tortilla chips
- Sour cream
- Green onion
- In a large soup pot, sauté ground beef in two tablespoons olive oil until brown. Drain, if necessary, then add onion and carrots and saute for an additional 5 minutes, until the vegetables are beginning to soften. Add taco seasoning, crushed tomatoes, green chiles, beef broth, corn, and beans. Simmer for about 20 minutes, partially covered, stirring occasionally. Add a splash of water, if desired, to thin it out. Add salt to taste. Serve with suggested toppings.