Super easy, sweet and creamy white chocolate mousse made with only two ingredients.
Oh no, that is not a typo. You read it right – TWO Ingredient White Chocolate Mousse. Do you know what this means? It means that at any time, on any given day, we can whip up the creamiest, dreamiest chocolate mousse with minimal effort. Get out your stretch pants, we’re going to be eating a lot of chocolate mousse. 😉
With Valentine’s Day approaching maybe you need an easy but elegant dessert for your sweetie? This is it! This recipe makes 2 servings, which is perfect for a romantic night in. You can easily double it if you need more. These two servings were split between my husband, kids, and I, and we were all left wanting more.
This recipe comes from Bon Appetit Desserts: The Cookbook for All Things Sweet and Wonderful. It is one of my favorite cookbooks, and it is loaded with gems like this simple chocolate mousse. I was a little skeptical. Can two ingredients really taste that good? YES! The answer is YES! This mousse is so smooth and creamy that it practically melts in your mouth. To balance the richness I served it with fresh berries and it was the perfect combination.
* This post contains affiliate links. If you were to make a purchase through one of these links I would receive a small percentage of the sale price (at no additional cost to you). The money I earn goes directly back into Celebrating Sweets. Thank you!
- ½ cup good quality white chocolate chips or chopped white chocolate (I like Guittard)
- ½ plus ⅓ cup chilled heavy whipping cream, divided
- Fresh berries, for serving
- Place white chocolate chips and ⅓ cup heavy cream in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is completely smooth. Transfer to a medium sized bowl. Allow to sit at room temperature until the mixture has cooled and thickened slightly, stirring occasionally, about 20-30 minutes (the mixture should not be warm at all).
- In a separate bowl, using a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat ½ cup heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Using a rubber spatula, fold the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture. The mixture should be completely smooth and creamy. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Serve with fresh berries.