Well, here we are at the end of June! I’m starting a new month-end feature where I will share what’s happened around my table each month. Here you’ll find links to recipes I’ve made this month, new kitchen tools or tricks I’ve tried, or any food-related news you might enjoy. Feel free to share what you’ve been cooking and what’s going on around your table.
- Before the temperature got into the 100’s, I squeezed in a few final comfort food meals. We loved this Cheesy Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore and 30 Minute Shepherd’s Pie.
- My mom and aunt came to visit earlier this month. They both follow a gluten-free diet, so for dinner I made this Zucchini, Tomato and Rice Gratin – it’s a fantastic summer side dish, or light meal. Note: I doubled the rice.
- In search of a gluten free sweet treat for my mom and aunt, I tried Almond Meal Cookies with Chocolate Chips and Coconut. These cookies were the best gluten free cookie I’ve ever had. So good!
- My sister-in-law introduced me to this Dilled Crunchy Sweet Corn Salad. Topped with a drizzle of ranch dressing, it is perfect! I’ve already made it twice this month.
- For my uncle’s birthday, I made a simple Chocolate Cake. It was moist, chocolaty, and not too sweet. This recipe is my new go-to.
- For my husband’s birthday dinner, I made Roast Halibut with Herb Butter. It was easy, fresh, and delicious (foolproof even!). The only change I made was adding fresh dill to the herb butter. The herb butter is great on roasted veggies too.
- In an effort to help the 110° temperature feel more manageable, I made an Apple Cider Shandy (pictured above). Mix lager beer and sparkling apple cider and serve over crushed ice. Cool and refreshing!
- Do you have your 4th of July menu planned? If you’re in need of a red, white, and blue recipe check out this round up. There’s sure to be something you’ll enjoy.