This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Constellation Brands. All opinions are mine alone. The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older. #CervezaCelebration #CollectiveBias
A light and refreshing beer cocktail made with Corona Light, strawberry syrup and fresh lime juice. The perfect beverage for Cinco de Mayo or any spring or summer occasion!
I’m bringing you a festive cocktail for your Cinco de Mayo celebration. In addition to Cinco de Mayo, this refreshing Strawberry Lime Shandy is also perfect for Taco Tuesday, a warm Saturday afternoon, or a lazy Sunday. This will be your go-to spring and summer beverage!
I’ve lived in the southwestern United States my whole life, and I’m all about celebrating Cinco de Mayo. What’s the best part of celebrating any occasion? The food and drinks, of course! Our Cinco de Mayo requisites?
Chips and guacamole. Check.
I’m switching things up this Cinco de Mayo by serving a festive pitcher of beer cocktails made with Corona Light. I enhance the beer with fresh fruit from strawberry syrup and freshly squeezed lime juice. The end result is all the light and full flavor of Corona Light with a touch of sweet strawberries and the fresh tang of lime juice. This golden light pilsner-style lager has a smooth taste that pairs wonderfully with the strawberries and limes. Bonus: Each Corona Light has only 99 calories!
Strawberry Lime Shandy
- 2 heaping cups sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 6 bottles Corona Light
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- Strawberry syrup see recipe above
- Sliced limes and strawberries for garnish
- In a small saucepan, combine strawberries, sugar and 1/4 cup water. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set a fine mesh sieve over a bowl and strain the strawberries. Using the back of a spoon press on the berries to release all of the juices. Chill the syrup and discard or save the solids for another use (you can use them in yogurt or smoothies).
- In a pitcher, combine 6 bottles of Corona Light, strawberry syrup and lime juice. Stir until combined. Serve in chilled glasses garnished with limes and strawberries.