Grilled Pork Chops with Pineapple Relish – Grilled pork chops coated in a sweet and smoky dry rub and served with a grilled pineapple relish. Ready in under 30 minutes!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are my own.
I’m lucky enough to live in a place where we can grill outdoors year round. Although summer grilling can be a little warm here in Arizona, it’s nothing that an icy cold Watermelon Slushie and a dip in the pool can’t fix. Plus, grilling in the summer is practically a requirement.
This recipe for Sweet and Smoky Grilled Pork Chops with Pineapple Relish is made entirely on your grill in under 30 minutes. It’s perfect for busy weeknights or leisurely days. It’s great for adults or kids, and it can be enjoyed year round.
While we’re on the topic of grilling, I want to remind you that ladies can do this too. Don’t think for a second that grilling is men’s territory. From one woman to another, I will tell you that you’ve got this! It’s easy peasy!
I coat Smithfield All Natural Bone-in Pork Chops in a sweet and smoky dry rub. They’re grilled a few minutes on each side until juicy and tender. While the pork is grilling, I throw pineapple, bell pepper, and red onion on the grill. Once the fruit and veggies are grilled they get chopped and combined with lime juice and fresh herbs as a super flavorful topping for the pork.
My family loved this meal. I especially loved that Smithfield All Natural Fresh Pork is naturally tender and juicy without added steroids, hormones, or artificial ingredients. It is also proudly raised in the USA by Smithfield farm families.
This light and healthy meal is a great way to enjoy the season. I hope you’re inspired to get outside and fire up your grill.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
Sweet and Smoky Grilled Pork Chops with Pineapple Relish
- 4-5 Smithfield All Natural Bone- Pork Chops
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 slices fresh pineapple
- 1/2 red onion cut into thick slices
- 1 red bell pepper
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 teaspoon minced parsley or cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat grill. Meanwhile, prepare the dry rub by combining all ingredients in a small bowl. Sprinkle and pat the dry rub onto each side of the pork chops (you might not use all the dry rub). Grease the grill and grill the pork chops over medium heat for about 4 minutes per side, until you reach your desired level of doneness (see note regarding internal temperature).
- While the pork is cooking, place the pineapple, red onion, and bell pepper on a greased portion of the grill. Cook over medium heat, rotating at least once, for a total of 5-8 minutes, until grill marks are present.
- Remove the pork from the grill and tightly cover with foil. Chop the pineapple, onion, and bell pepper and combine with lime juice, parsley, salt, and pepper. Serve the pork chops with the pineapple relish spooned over the top.
If you love your pork medium rare, you should cook it to an internal temperature of 145 degrees (followed by a three-minute rest). If you like your chops a little more done, you can cook them to an internal temperature of 160 degrees.