Easy Banana Bread Recipe
This Easy Banana Bread Recipe is the absolute best! Super moist, loaded with bananas, sweetened with brown sugar, and baked in a cake pan for even and quick cooking.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 22 minutes
Total Time 32 minutes
Servings 9 - 12
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted and cooled slightly
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed make sure it is fresh and soft
- 2 large eggs
- 2 scant cups mashed very ripe bananas about 3-4 bananas
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup brown sugar (or more, if desired) for topping
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a large bowl, whisk melted butter and 2/3 cup brown sugar until well combined, about 1 minute. Add eggs, mashed banana and vanilla, whisking until combined.
In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, using a rubber spatula, lightly stir the batter until no streaks of flour remain. Be careful not to over mix.
Grease a 9x9 square baking pan and add the batter to the pan. Smooth into an even layer. Sprinkle the top of the batter with 1/4 cup (or more) brown sugar. Bake for 20-25 minutes, rotating once during the bake time. The bread is done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Place on a wire rack to cool.
FLOUR: If you'd like to add some whole wheat flour, I have successfully used 1 cup all purpose flour along with 3/4 cup whole wheat flour.
PAN SIZES: The recipe instructions are for a 9x9 square pan (my preference), but you can also use the following:
- Muffins: Divide batter between 12 greased muffin cups, adjust bake time to about 15 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean).
- 8x8 square: Adjust bake time to 35-45 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean).
- Loaf pan (9x5): Adjust bake time to 45-55 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean).
Calories: 242kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 51mg | Sodium: 157mg | Potassium: 175mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 305IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1.2mg