Banana Nut Muffins
Soft, fluffy and moist Banana Nut Muffins topped with brown sugar and walnuts.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed make sure it is fresh and soft
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups mashed very ripe bananas about 3-4 bananas
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon optional
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or swap for macadamia nuts, pecans or hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a large bowl, whisk melted butter and 2/3 cup brown sugar until well combined, about 1 full minute. Add eggs, mashed banana and vanilla, whisking until combined.
In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and use a rubber spatula to lightly stir the batter until almost combined. Add 1/2 cup walnuts and stir until no streaks of flour remain. Be careful not to over-mix.
Grease 15 standard-sized muffin cups and divide the batter evenly among the cups. Sprinkle the top of the each cup with brown sugar and chopped walnuts (topping). Bake for 14-17 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Place the pan on a wire rack to cool.
Calories: 231kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 125mg | Potassium: 178mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 241IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1mg