Mexican Hot Chocolate
This rich and creamy Mexican Hot Chocolate is flavored with two types of chocolate and a touch of spice.
Servings 4 you can easily adjust it up or down
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups half and half
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- couple pinches cayenne pepper more or less taste
- 1/2 cup bittersweet/dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- optional garnishes: whipped cream, marshmallows, chopped chocolate, cinnamon sticks
Whisk milk, half and half, cocoa powder, sugar, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper in a saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat whisking occasionally, until the mixture is fully combined and hot, but not yet boiling. Add chocolate chips and vanilla extract, whisking until smooth and combined. Serve immediately with the garnishes of your choice.
Calories: 360kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 238mg | Potassium: 382mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 428IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 360mg | Iron: 1mg