Blueberry Cheesecake Parfaits
Fresh blueberry sauce layered with graham cracker crumbs and a creamy no-bake cheesecake filling.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Fresh blueberry sauce
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
Graham cracker "crust"
- 1 cup of graham cracker crumbs made from approximately 6 whole crackers
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 2/3 cup cold heavy cream
- 2/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar divided
- 8 oz cream cheese at room temperature (I used reduced fat)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
For the blueberry sauce:
Combine the orange juice, sugar and cornstarch in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. When the mixture is translucent and thickened, stir in the blueberries and simmer for 5-7 minutes, until about half of the berries have burst.
Off the heat, stir in the lemon zest and lemon juice. Allow to cool slightly, then transfer to a covered bowl and refrigerate until cold.
For the graham cracker “crust”
Combine graham cracker crumbs with 2 tablespoons sugar and melted butter.
You can set the crumbs aside to use as is or you can lightly toast them in a skillet over medium heat for about 10 minutes. This will give the crumbs an extra crunchy texture and buttery flavor. If toasted, cool in the fridge or freezer while you make the cheesecake filling.
For the cheesecake filling:
Whip the heavy cream and 1 tablespoon of sugar until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
Beat cream cheese, 2/3 cup sugar and vanilla extract until smooth and combined. Fold in the whipped cream until the mixture is light and fluffy.
Calories: 467kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 87mg | Sodium: 225mg | Potassium: 214mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 36g | Vitamin A: 1110IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 1mg