Banana Walnut Granola
Lightly sweet granola filled with walnuts and fresh banana. If you like banana bread you'll love this granola!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 12 1/2 cup servings
- 4 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup raw walnuts coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes sweetened or unsweetened (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 very ripe bananas mashed
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup or honey
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil, melted butter or extra virgin olive oil
Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner and set aside.
In a large bowl combine oats, walnuts, coconut, cinnamon, brown sugar and salt.
In a separate bowl, combine mashed bananas, maple syrup and oil/butter.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix very well. Use your hands if you need to, to make sure all the oats are coated. Spread on prepared baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes, until golden brown. Stir the mixture two or three times during baking to ensure even browning. Cool completely and transfer to an airtight container.
Calories: 286kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 53mg | Potassium: 239mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 15IU | Vitamin C: 1.8mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1.7mg