Mixed Berry Vanilla Baked Oatmeal
This easy baked oatmeal is filled with oats, maple syrup, fresh berries and fragrant vanilla. It's the perfect make-ahead breakfast for busy mornings. Bake it in advance and reheat portions as needed.
Servings 6 - 8
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk plus additional for serving (you can sub regular milk or coconut milk)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter or coconut oil melted
- 3 cups fresh berries larger berries chopped or sliced (I used strawberries, blueberries and raspberries)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 2 ½ or 3 quart baking dish. Set aside.
Combine oats, baking powder and salt. Place half the oat mixture in the baking dish, top with half the berries, and then top with the remaining oat mixture.
Whisk the eggs, almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla, and melted butter/coconut oil. Pour over the oats.Top the oats with the remaining berries. Gently shake the baking dish back and forth from side to side to allow the wet mixture to get down into the oats.
Bake uncovered for about 25-40 minutes, until oats are tender, and the mixture is set.
Serve immediately with a splash of milk, or cool, then cover and refrigerate to reheat later.
When reheating leftovers I stir in a splash of milk or water to make the oatmeal creamy.
- You can substitute frozen berries for fresh berries, reducing the amount to 2 cups. Halve or quarter larger berries. Note: The frozen berries will bleed their color into the oatmeal more than the fresh berries do.
- You can swap out some or all of the berries for sliced bananas. If doing so, I like to add a little cinnamon (1/2 teaspoon or so, to the dry ingredients).
- Feel free to add nuts. Sliced almonds and chopped walnuts would both be great!
Calories: 267kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 304mg | Potassium: 277mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 215IU | Vitamin C: 1.5mg | Calcium: 176mg | Iron: 1.7mg