Baked Sweet Potatoes
These easy Baked Sweet Potatoes make a delicious side dish or a meal on their own. With lots of options for toppings and seasonings, there's bound to be a combination you'll love!
- 4 Sweet Potatoes
- Butter and salt plus any other toppings desired see note
Preheat oven to 400°F. Rinse, scrub and pat dry the sweet potatoes.
Place the potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet that has been lined with foil (easy clean up!). Bake for 45-55 minutes, until a sharp knife easily inserts into the center of the potatoes, and they are soft and tender if you give them a squeeze. Use a clean kitchen towel to squeeze them.
Slice the potatoes open and fill with your desired seasonings and toppings.
A medium sized sweet potato should bake for about 45 minutes. Adjust the bake time based on the size of your potatoes.
Nutrition fact are for the potato only (no toppings).
- Brown sugar, cinnamon, butter and salt
- Maple syrup, butter and toasted pecans
- Sour cream, chives, salt and pepper
- Blue cheese, walnuts and honey
- Mini marshmallows, brown sugar and cinnamon (pop it under the broiler to toast the marshmallows a bit)
- Beef, Turkey or Veggie Chili
- Sloppy Joe meat
- Taco seasoned beef or chicken
- Black beans, corn, salsa and avocado
- Shredded chicken tossed with BBQ sauce
- Almond butter, granola, berries and honey
- Peanut butter, sliced bananas, honey and cinnamon
- Vanilla yogurt and berries
Calories: 111kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 2g | Sodium: 71mg | Potassium: 438mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 18445IU | Vitamin C: 3.1mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 0.8mg