Beef Chili Recipe
This fast, flavorful and easy Beef Chili Recipe is ready in 30 minutes! Add your favorite toppings to create a meal your family will love.
Servings 4 - 6
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef I use lean
- ¾ cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- 3 tablespoons chili powder seasoning or more to taste
- 4 tablespoons diced green chiles from a can
- One 15-oz can tomato sauce
- One cup fire roasted diced or crushed tomatoes
- Two 15-oz cans beans, drained I used kidney beans and pinto beans
- Toppings: chips, sour cream, cheese, green onions, cilantro, jalapenos, avocado
Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and beef to a large pot over medium heat. Saute, breaking up with the meat, until is browned and almost cooked through. If there is an excessive amount of grease, you can drain it off. Add onions and garlic to beef, cook for another 5 minutes, until the onions have softened.
Add chili powder, green chiles, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes and beans. Stir and bring to a simmer. Add 1-2 cups of water (depending on how thin you want it), simmer partially covered for 10-15 minutes. Taste and add salt, pepper, or more chili powder according to your taste preferences. Serve hot with desired toppings.
I often add a cup or two of chopped bell pepper. I add it to the pot along with the onions.
You can also add corn (fresh, frozen or canned) during the last few minutes of cook time.
Calories: 220kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 176mg | Potassium: 581mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1795IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 3.9mg