Cranberry Orange Relish
Here is one of the easiest side dishes you'll ever make. This no-cook Cranberry Orange Relish comes together in minutes. It's sweet, tart, and loaded with fresh flavors. Make this relish several days in advance and have it ready for the big meal!
Servings 12 - 14 (makes approximately 3 cups)
- ½ orange peeled and chopped
- 1 medium-sized sweet apple peeled and chopped
- One 16 oz bag fresh cranberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
Place all ingredients in a food processor. I recommend adding them in the order that they are listed. Pulse the ingredients, stopping to stir every few pulses, until everything is evenly chopped into tiny pieces. Transfer to a bowl, refrigerate for several hours up to several days. See notes.
Serving and storage
Store in the refrigerator, tightly covered, for up to 3 days. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- Use fresh cranberries. Frozen cranberries will have too much moisture and will make the relish too wet.
- Use a food processor, NOT a blender. If using a blender the ingredients will likely get over-processed.
- Adjust the ingredients to suit your taste. Add finely grated orange zest for a stronger orange flavor, sprinkle in some cinnamon or ginger, or add finely chopped nuts.
- Allow enough time for the flavors to meld. This relish is best made at least one day before you serve it.
- If the relish is too wet you can drain off some of the excess liquid using a fine mesh sieve. This will vary based on how juicy your apple and orange are.
Calories: 92kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 59mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 43IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 1mg