My favorite Homemade Brownies - Moist, fudgy, chewy and absolutely loaded with chocolate! This easy one-bowl recipe comes together in minutes.
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons espresso powder optional
- 1 cup chocolate chips milk chocolate, semisweet or bittersweet (your choice)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x9 square pan* with foil or parchment paper, leaving a couple inches of overhang on two sides (this will allow you to lift the whole tray of brownies out of the pan for easy removal). Grease the foil/parchment.
In a large bowl combine cocoa powder, sugars, salt, flour, espresso powder, and chocolate chips. Whisk until combined. Add eggs, oil, water and vanilla and stir with a rubber spatula until combined (it will be fairly thick).
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake for 25-35 minutes (begin checking at 25 minutes). The brownies are done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out without raw batter on it (there may be some fudgy crumbs on the toothpick - that's OK). Be careful not to over bake. Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack.
Recipe adapted from King Arthur Flour
- I prefer this recipe baked in a 9x9 square pan, the brownies cook evenly, and they are the perfect thickness. If you only have an 8x8 pan, you can use it, but you will need to increase your cook time, and your brownies will be quite a bit thicker. Be extra careful about overbaking in an 8x8, you don't want the edges overdone.
- Since ovens vary, and different bakeware can affect the cook time (metal pans cook faster than glass, for instance), it's important to keep a close eye on these as you approach the end of the baking time. To tell if they're done, move the pan back and forth, just slightly. The center should not appear jiggly. When you insert a toothpick into the center, it should come out without raw batter on it (fudgy crumbs are OK). If the brownies are not quite done, set a timer and check them every 5 minutes until they are.
Calories: 324kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 128mg | Potassium: 109mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 35g | Vitamin A: 110IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 1.6mg