Almond Waffles with Berries and Almond Whipped Cream
Homemade almond waffles topped with fresh berries and almond whipped cream. Tender inside, crisp outside, and flavored with almond flour, almond milk, and almond extract.
- 2 eggs separated at room temperature
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk if using sweetened omit sugar
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup cold heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon almond extract or more to taste
- Fresh berries for topping
With an electric mixer, beat the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and almond extract on medium-high speed until soft peaks form. Transfer whipped cream to the refrigerator while you make the waffles.
With an electric mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk egg yolks, almond milk, sugar and extracts. Add flour, almond flour, baking powder, and salt, and stir to combine. Stir in melted butter, then fold in egg whites.
Pour portions of batter into a greased preheated waffle iron, and bake until light golden brown. Continue until all batter is used.
Serve immediately topped with berries and whipped cream.
Calories: 480kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 139mg | Sodium: 147mg | Potassium: 218mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 1010IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 219mg | Iron: 2.2mg