White wine or rosé flavored with fresh strawberries, raspberries, and strawberry syrup. The perfect chilled cocktail for spring and summer.
Servings 4 -6
Strawberry syrup (allow time to chill):
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- cup ½ granulated sugar
- cup ½ water
Sangria (allow time to chill):
- 3 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 orange halved and sliced
- Juice of 1 orange
- ¼ cup orange liqueur optional
- 1 bottle rosé or white wine I used a sparkling rosé
- Strawberry syrup to taste, recipe above
Place the strawberries, sugar, and water in a saucepan set over medium heat. Simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened and juicy.
Set a fine mesh strainer over a bowl and pour the strawberry mixture through the strainer. Use the back of a spoon to press the strawberries against the strainer, extracting as much juice/syrup as possible. Chill the syrup.