Blood Orange Strawberry Margarita
A pitcher of refreshing margaritas filled with homemade strawberry syrup and blood orange juice. The perfect cocktail for serving a crowd.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 4 cups chopped strawberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup silver tequila or more, if desired
- 1/3 cup Grand Marnier or Cointreau
- 1 cup strawberry syrup more or less, according to preference
- 1 cup freshly squeezed blood orange juice regular oranges can be substituted
- 1-2 tablespoons lime juice optional
- orange slices and strawberries for garnish
Strawberry Syrup (allow time to chill):
Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes. Periodically press the fruit with the back of a spoon to help it cook down.
Place a fine mesh sieve over a bowl and pour the mixture through. Lightly press on the fruit to extract all of the syrup. Cool syrup.
Adjust all ingredients to suit your taste. This makes a mildly sweet margarita. If you want it stronger, increase the tequila or orange liqueur. If you want it sweeter, increase the syrup and/or orange juice.
To coat the rim of your glass in sugar or coarse salt: Rub the rim of the glass with a lime wedge or a little water. Place salt or sugar on a plate and dip/twist the rim of the glass into the salt or sugar.
Calories: 247kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Sodium: 4mg | Potassium: 229mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 95IU | Vitamin C: 77.9mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 0.5mg