Pimento Egg Salad
Easy egg salad flavored with sweet pickle relish and pimentos.
- 6 hard boiled eggs chopped
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish drained and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimentos drained and patted dry
- salt and pepper to taste
- paprika for garnish (if desired)
Place the chopped eggs, mayonnaise, mustard, relish, salt and pepper in a bowl. Stir to combine. Add the pimentos and stir gently until incorporated. I add the pimentos separately to avoid overmixing them. If they get stirred around too much their color will bleed into the egg salad.
Refrigerate or serve immediately. I like mine served open face on a piece of soft bread. Sprinkle each sandwich with paprika, if desired.
Calories: 176kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 282mg | Sodium: 213mg | Potassium: 106mg | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 680IU | Vitamin C: 6.4mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 1.1mg