This tender vanilla cake filled with Vanilla Greek Yogurt and fresh cranberries. This easy recipe takes a shortcut with a boxed cake mix.
This recipe was created as part of a shop that has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser.
How is your holiday season going? Mine has seemed exceptionally busy. Between decorating, shopping, holiday activities at Jake’s school, and a trip up north, it feels like we’ve been going non-stop.
I’m relying on easy recipes more than ever. If you are too, this cake is right up your alley! When I say this cake is easy, I mean it! The batter comes together in one bowl in about 5 minutes! It doesn’t get much simpler than that!
For this recipe, I take a shortcut with a boxed vanilla cake mix (I avoid the mixes that contain artificial colors, artificial flavors, and hydrogenated oils). In addition to eggs and butter, I add Chobani® Vanilla Greek Yogurt to the cake mix. The yogurt is high in protein and low in fat and it adds moisture and additional vanilla flavor to the cake.
Fresh cranberries are folded into the cake batter, which provide a beautiful color and bright flavor. Before baking I sprinkle the top of the cake with coarse sparkling sugar for sweetness and a slight crunch. If you’d like, you can serve each slice of cake with a dollop of vanilla yogurt whipped cream.
This cake makes a fantastic holiday dessert. During this busy time of year, don’t stress about what you’re going to make for dessert. Whether it’s Christmas dinner or another holiday event, this cake will come to the rescue. It will provide a delicious ending to your holiday meal. I’m hosting a big group of our family on Christmas Eve and this cake will be making an appearance on my dessert table. Its colors and flavors make it perfect for the holiday season.
If you buy a 32oz container of Chobani yogurt you won’t need all of it for this recipe. Feel free to use the leftovers as a substitute for sour cream, mayonnaise, or oil in some of your other favorite recipes. Or you can use the leftover yogurt it in my Raspberry Vanilla Muffins, Warm Berry Cake, or Honey-Vanilla Fruit Dip. You’ll find plenty of uses for this creamy all natural yogurt. With three types of probiotics, 40% less sugar than regular yogurt, and no artificial flavors or sweeteners, this is an ingredient that you will be happy to have sitting in your refrigerator.
More holiday recipes
- Cranberry Coffee Cake
- Pumpkin Skillet Cookie
- Toffee Shortbread Cookies
- Cranberry Salad
- Sticky Toffee Pudding
- Cranberry Orange Relish
Easy Cranberry Vanilla Yogurt Cake
- 1 box vanilla cake mix
- 1 cup Chobani® Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, 1 stick plus 2 tablespoons
- 3 eggs
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- ¼ cup coarse sparkling sugar (optional, but highly recommended)
- ½ cup Chobani® Vanilla Greek Yogurt, optional topping
- ½ cup sweetened whipped cream, optional topping
- Preheat oven to 325° or 350°F, depending on cake mix instructions. Grease a 9×13 pan.
- Place cake mix, 1 cup Chobani® Vanilla Greek Yogurt , melted butter, and eggs in the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds, then increase the speed to medium and beat for two minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary. Carefully fold in the cranberries. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle the top with ¼ cup of sparkling sugar.
- Bake according to the instructions on the box of cake mix (mine took about 30 minutes).
- If desired, each slice of cake can be served with a dollop of vanilla yogurt whipped cream. To prepare vanilla yogurt whipped cream: Fold ½ cup Chobani® Vanilla Greek Yogurt into ½ cup whipped cream right before serving.
Nutritional Information is an estimate based on third-party calculations and may vary based on products used and serving sizes.