This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are my own. #SavorHolidayFlavors #CollectiveBias
Tender spiced Gingerbread Cake topped with a brown sugar pecan streusel and maple icing. The perfect coffee cake for breakfast or dessert. Holiday flavors in every bite!
Is it just me or does it feel like a Maple Gingerbread Cake type of day?
This cake practically begs to be eaten next to a crackling fire with your hands wrapped around a mug of hot coffee. Holiday comfort food in its finest form.
Coffee cakes are the perfect holiday treat because they are so versatile. They can be served for breakfast or brunch, they make a great dessert, and you can set them on your kitchen counter for nibbling all throughout the day. Morning, noon, or night this maple Gingerbread Coffee Cake will be calling your name.
*Hover over the below image to shop directly from this post.*
This is a moist and tender gingerbread cake filled with molasses, brown sugar, maple syrup, ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg. The crown jewel of this cake is a buttery brown sugar pecan crumble (swoon), and a generous drizzle of maple icing.
You don’t technically need a special occasion to whip up this recipe, but, this cake would be a fantastic addition to a holiday “Coffee and Dessert Party”.
Imagine this: a table filled with holiday desserts, a pot of Starbucks® Holiday Blend Coffee brewing, and all your favorite people gathered together. You can talk, nibble Maple Gingerbread Cake, and sip on the best coffee ever. Doesn’t it sound glorious?
This is a super simple way to entertain without needing to make a huge meal. Ask your guests to contribute a dessert, and all you have to do is whip up this cake and put on a pot of Starbucks® Holiday Blend Ground Coffee. Just promise you’ll invite me over, OK?
During the season of togetherness, find some time to enjoy the important things, like
cake and coffee family and friends. 😉
- Brew and chill a pot of coffee in advance and offer iced coffee along with hot coffee.
- Make your own flavored coffee syrups, and let your guests create their perfect cup.
Vanilla Coffee Syrup
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
Seeds from 1/2 vanilla bean
Cinnamon Coffee Syrup
1/2 cup granulated sugar or brown sugar
1/2 cup water
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Simmer all ingredients until the sugar is dissolved. Chill.
Maple Gingerbread Coffee Cake
- 1 ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup unsulphured molasses
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- ⅔ cup hot water
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅓ cup finely chopped pecans
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ⅛ teaspoon maple extract optional
- Milk, half and half or cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease a 9x9 square baking pan.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and salt. Set aside.
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat butter and brown sugar until well combined, about one minute. Add egg, molasses and syrup beat until combined (the mixture might look curdled, that’s OK).
- Add the dry ingredients and beat until combined. Slowly add the hot water and beat until smooth. Transfer the batter into the prepared pan.
- Combine brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, ginger, and pecans. Add melted butter and stir until combined. Sprinkle over the top of the cake batter.
- Bake cake for 30-40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center, comes out clean. A glass pan will likely cook faster than a metal pan.
- Once you remove the cake from the oven, prepare the glaze. Combine the powdered sugar, maple syrup and extract (if using). Stir with a fork or whisk until combined. Stir in a little milk or cream, until you reach drizzling consistency. Drizzle the glaze over the warm cake.
MORE GINGERBREAD RECIPES:
I purchased Starbucks® Holiday Blend ground coffee at Walmart.
SPECIAL OFFER: Purchase three (3) qualifying Starbucks®packaged coffee (10-20oz.), Starbucks® K-Cup® packs (9-32ct.), VIA® Instant (5-8ct.), Starbucks® Syrups (12.17oz.), or Starbucks® Cookie Straw packs (9.17oz.) products in a single transaction at Walmart stores from 11/1/17 through 12/26/17 and receive 75 bonus stars when you upload your receipt at Starbucks-stars.com.