Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie – A buttery graham cracker crust filled with sweetened cream cheese and topped with a mountain of juicy fresh strawberries. This gorgeous no-bake pie is the perfect spring or summer dessert. VIDEO BELOW!
This is the story of how three adults ate nearly 3 whole pies in 5 days. Friends, send help. And stretchy pants.
When I decided to make a fresh strawberry pie I had some criteria that needed to be met. I wanted the pie to be no-bake, with a graham cracker crust, a thin layer of cream cheese, and piled high with fresh strawberries. This pie is all about the strawberries.
It took a little bit of (delicious) trial and error for me to get this pie exactly how I wanted it.
First attempt: Tasted great, but the crust didn’t hold together, and the cream cheese filling was too thin.
Second attempt: Still tasted great, the filling was right on, but the crust still needed a little work.
Third attempt: Perfection.
So now my belly is happy, my pants are too tight, and I have the perfect recipe for strawberry pie. Side note: If you need me I’ll be at the gym. For like a week.
Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie
The strawberries are the star of this pie! I avoided using any type of glaze or strawberry gelatin, which is typical in a strawberry pie. Most of those glazes and gelatins contain artificial colors and artificial flavors. I couldn’t bear the thought of smothering my beautiful fresh strawberries with dyes and fake flavorings. Instead I toss the strawberries with a little strawberry jam. This gives the strawberries a glossy look and adds a little sweetness.
No-Bake Strawberry Pie
I call this a no-bake pie because the filling and topping are both no-bake. I find that the slices of pie hold together better if the crust is baked prior to filling, but baking the crust is not completely necessary. If you don’t want to use the oven, you can skip baking the crust (see recipe notes), but when you slice and serve this pie, the crust might be a little more crumbly.
I hope this pie makes its way onto your spring and summer table. Enjoy every bite!
You might also like:
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
No-Bake Fresh Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs about 10 sheets
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar or granulated sugar
- pinch salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
Filling and topping:
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened, not light
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 5 cups halved or quartered fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam or preserves heated slightly, if necessary, to thin it out
- Preheat oven to 325°F (or see notes for no-bake option). In a large bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and salt. Add the melted butter and stir until combined. Dump the mixture into a 9 1/2 inch pie plate. Press it into the bottom and little more than halfway up the sides of the pie dish. I use the bottom of a drinking glass or measuring cup to help pack it in. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until golden and fragrant. Set aside to cool.
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. While continuously beating, slowly add sweetened condensed milk and then vanilla extract. Add powdered sugar and beat until smooth. Pour into the cooled crust, then tightly cover and refrigerate until firm, at least 3 hours or up to overnight.
- In a large bowl, combine strawberries and jam/preserves. Place half of the strawberries on top of the pie. After placing a slice of pie on a plate, scoop additional strawberries onto each slice (it's easier to cut and serve this way).