Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
This Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp is filled with fresh rhubarb and juicy strawberries and topped with a brown sugar oat crumble. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream. A fantastic spring dessert!
- 3 cups halved or quartered fresh strawberries approx 1 1/4 pounds
- 3 cups sliced fresh rhubarb (1/2 to 3/4-inch pieces) approx 6 stalks
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice optional
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated orange zest optional
- 2/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- Vanilla ice cream for serving optional
In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, sugars, salt, and cinnamon. Add melted butter and stir until well combined.
After the fruit has been in the oven for 15 minutes, carefully remove it and sprinkle the topping over the fruit (pressing some of it together with your fingers to form clumps). Bake for another 30-35 minutes*, until the fruit is bubbling, the rhubarb is tender, and the topping is light golden brown. Place on a cooling rack to cool slightly (it will thicken the more it cools). Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Calories: 451kcal | Carbohydrates: 74g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 106mg | Potassium: 345mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 49g | Vitamin A: 545IU | Vitamin C: 47.2mg | Calcium: 83mg | Iron: 1.8mg