Healthy Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie
A thick and creamy plant-based smoothie filled with fresh mint and chocolate. A healthy breakfast, snack or dessert that tastes similar to a mint chip milkshake.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 0 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
- 1 small frozen banana
- 1 1/2 cups milk I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1/4 small/medium sized avocado
- 20-30 fresh mint leaves see note
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder or collagen peptides see note
- 1/2 cup crushed ice or more, if you'd like it thicker
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs or chocolate chips see note
- whipped cream or whipped coconut cream for garnish, optional
Place banana, milk, spinach, avocado, mint, protein powder, and ice in a blender. Process until smooth. Add cacao nibs and stir or briefly pulse (don't completely puree the chocolate otherwise the color of the smoothie will turn brown). Serve immediately, garnished with whipped cream and additional cacao nibs, if desired.
If you're new to cacao nibs you might want use a smaller amount. I have found them to be an acquired taste.
My mint leaves were small so I used close to 30 of them. If your mint leaves are larger, or you prefer a milder mint flavor, use fewer leaves.
Calories: 438kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 291mg | Potassium: 1573mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 34g | Vitamin A: 5180IU | Vitamin C: 34.1mg | Calcium: 671mg | Iron: 4.7mg