Healthy Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie – A thick and creamy plant-based smoothie filled with fresh mint and chocolate.
Let’s make a smoothie that tastes like a milkshake!
Smoothie = Healthy
Milkshake = Not healthy
Smoothie that tastes like a milkshake = All our dreams coming true
It’s almost St. Patrick’s Day, which means we need to come up with a festive menu that is either A) green or B) Irish. We’re rolling with “A” today!
I’m taking a little inspiration from McDonald’s seasonal Shamrock Shake but, I made it good for us! I don’t eat McDonald’s anymore (knowledge is power, folks!), but I still like the idea of a festive green treat.
Our pretty green smoothie gets its color from spinach and fresh mint. It’s supremely creamy thanks to almond milk and avocado (don’t worry; you won’t taste the avocado). Protein powder or collagen peptides provide protein. And fresh mint and cacao nibs add our mint and chocolate flavors.
This smoothie is thick, creamy, sweet and satisfying. Breakfast? Dessert? Both? You choose! Skip the drive-thru and get your mint-chip fix at home.
Healthy Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie
- 1 small frozen banana
- 1 ½ cups milk, I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- ¼ small/medium sized avocado
- 20-30 fresh mint leaves, see note
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder or collagen peptides, see note
- ½ cup crushed ice, or more, if you'd like it thicker
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs or chocolate chips, see note
- whipped cream or whipped coconut cream, for garnish, optional
- Place banana, milk, spinach, avocado, mint, protein powder, and ice in a blender. Process until smooth. Add cacao nibs and stir or briefly pulse (don't completely puree the chocolate otherwise the color of the smoothie will turn brown). Serve immediately, garnished with whipped cream and additional cacao nibs, if desired.
Inspired by Mind Body Green.