All the flavors of a taco in an easy one-pot meal. Beef, corn, black beans, green chiles, and taco seasoning make up this flavorful soup. Garnish with your favorite taco toppings - cheese, sour cream, avocado, or tortilla chips.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef I used lean ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 1 carrot chopped
- 4 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes I used fire roasted
- 4 oz can diced green chiles
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 ½ cups frozen corn I used fire roasted
- 15 oz can black beans drained
- Tortilla chips
- Sour cream
- Green onion
In a large soup pot, sauté ground beef in two tablespoons olive oil until brown. Drain, if necessary, then add onion and carrots and saute for an additional 5 minutes, until the vegetables are beginning to soften. Add taco seasoning, crushed tomatoes, green chiles, beef broth, corn, and beans. Simmer for about 20 minutes, partially covered, stirring occasionally. Add a splash of water, if desired, to thin it out. Add salt to taste. Serve with suggested toppings.
Calories: 404kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 1014mg | Potassium: 1055mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 2165IU | Vitamin C: 26.2mg | Calcium: 103mg | Iron: 5.4mg