A refreshing margarita flavored with homemade peach syrup, fresh orange juice, and peaches.
Servings 1 (multiply as needed)
Peach syrup (makes about ¾ cup):
- 1 10 oz bag frozen peaches or 2 heaping cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup water
Margaritas (makes 1):
- 2 ounces silver tequila
- 1 ounce Grand Marnier or peach liqueur I used Raspberry Peach Grand Marnier
- 2 ounces peach syrup see recipe below
- 4 ounces freshly squeezed orange juice
- sliced peaches and raspberries for garnish
Peach syrup (allow time to chill):
Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes. Periodically press the fruit with the back of a spoon to help it cook down.
Place a fine mesh sieve over a bowl and pour the mixture through. Lightly press on the fruit to extract all of the syrup. Cool syrup.
Calories: 269kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Sodium: 10mg | Potassium: 226mg | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 225IU | Vitamin C: 56.7mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 0.2mg