Creamy oatmeal made with almond-coconut milk, chai spice, and pure maple syrup, and topped with toasted coconut chips and sliced almonds.
Grab yourself a cup of coffee and let’s chat. So, hypothetically speaking, what would you do if you won $250,000?! I’m sure you have some ideas. Plan a trip? Pay off bills? Remodel your house? Buy a new car?
Why are we daydreaming about winning $250,000? For good reason! My friends at Quaker® Oats are hosting a national “Bring Your Best Bowl” contest. You can enter the recipe for your best bowl of oatmeal for a chance to win $250,000!!!
Today I’m bringing you my best bowl of oatmeal – Almond Coconut Chai Spice Oatmeal. I took inspiration from one of my favorite drinks, chai tea made with coconut milk. There is no tea in this oatmeal, but it’s filled with chai spice, which is a combination of cinnamon, ginger, cloves, allspice, and cardamom. I cook the oatmeal in almond-coconut milk, which makes it creamy and flavorful. The oatmeal is sweetened with pure maple syrup and topped with toasted coconut chips and sliced almonds. The creamy oatmeal contrasts perfectly with the crunchy toppings. Each bite has me going back for more.
Coconut + almond + chai spice + maple syrup. You know this is going to be good!
Now it’s your turn. What’s your most creative and delicious oatmeal recipe? Think about your favorite flavors and what excites you. If you need a little inspiration, Target currently has special end caps that are full of topping ideas for this contest. While you’re there, pick up your recipe ingredients so you can get cooking. Your recipe bowl entries should have between 2 and 5 ingredients, not including the oats and the milk/water that you cook them in. Once you come up with your recipe go to the National Sweepstakes Site to enter for a chance to inspire the next Quaker® Oatmeal flavor.
I’m so excited to hear what you come up with. Please come back and share! Oatmeal is such a versatile ingredient that the possibilities are endless. Best of luck!
You might also like: Coconut Cake – Almond Croissants – Baked Oatmeal
This Almond Coconut Chai Spice Oatmeal has been created as part of a shop that has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are my own.
Almond Coconut Chai Spice Oatmeal
- 2 cups unsweetened almond-coconut milk blend, plus more for serving (see note)
- 1 cup Quaker® Old Fashioned Oats
- ¾ teaspoon chai spice blend, see note
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup toasted sweetened coconut chips
- ¼ cup cup toasted sliced almonds
- Combine almond-coconut milk and oats in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, and boil for 5-7 minutes. Feel free to add additional milk if you'd like it thinner.
- Stir in chai spice and maple syrup. Divide the oatmeal between two bowls and top each bowl of oatmeal with coconut chips and sliced almonds. Stir in a splash of almond-coconut milk if desired.
- Chai spice: you can purchase this as a spice blend, or you can make your own by combining: 1 teaspoon cardamom, 1 teaspoon ground allspice, 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon, ½ teaspoon ground cloves, and 3 teaspoons ground ginger. This will make more than what you will need for this recipe; store it in your spice cabinet and use it for other recipes.
Nutritional Information is an estimate based on third-party calculations and may vary based on products used and serving sizes.
Leave a Reply