This easy candy recipe is made with graham crackers, brown sugar toffee, rich chocolate, and chopped nuts. This recipe is simple and delicious (no candy thermometer needed!).
If you’re looking for a homemade treat to share with friends and family this holiday season, this is it! It’s delicious on its own or served alongside Christmas cookies on your holiday dessert platter.
This recipe is:
Sweet, crunchy and buttery.
Easy! Very little hands on time, no special equipment needed.
Great for feeding a crowd.
Made with a handful of basic ingredients.
*Full recipe below in recipe card*
- Lay graham crackers on a rimmed baking sheet. Bring butter, brown sugar, and salt to a boil in a saucepan. Pour over the graham crackers. Spread into an even layer and bake for 4 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with chocolate chips. Return to the warm oven for one minute.
- Spread the melted chocolate chips.
- Top with chopped nuts and cool.
Line your pan with foil or a silicone liner for easy removal.
Be sure your oven is preheated and ready. The first couple steps happen quickly.
I recommend semisweet chocolate chips, but use milk chocolate or bittersweet chocolate, if you’d prefer.
Use roasted salted nuts for extra crunch and flavor.
Use any nut that you like. I used almonds but peanuts or walnuts would also be great.
Serving and storage
Serve chilled, room temperature, or even straight from the freezer. The chocolate will soften the longer they sit out.
Store in the refrigerator for up to three days or freezer for up to one month.
Easy Cracker Toffee Bark
- 15 graham cracker sheets, approximately
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped roasted salted nuts
- flaky sea salt, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a 13×18 rimmed baking sheet/cookie sheet with foil or a silicone liner. If using foil, lightly spray it with nonstick spray. Lay the graham cracker sheets side by side in the pan, breaking pieces as needed to fill the pan.
- Place butter, brown sugar, and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil, and boil for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Carefully pour over the graham crackers, and use a rubber spatula to evenly spread the mixture (work quickly – the toffee will start to firm up).
- Place the pan in the oven for 3-4 minutes, the toffee should be bubbling. Remove from the oven and turn the oven off. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top of the toffee. Place back in the warm oven for one minute. Remove from the oven and use an offset spatula to spread the softened chocolate evenly over the toffee. Some of the toffee might get mixed in with the chocolate, that's ok. Immediately top with chopped nuts and flaky sea salt, if desired.
- Allow to cool to room temperature, then transfer to the refrigerator to firm up completely (at least 2 hours). Once chilled, break the bark into irregular pieces. Store in the fridge.
Nutritional Information is an estimate based on third-party calculations and may vary based on products used and serving sizes.