Graham crackers topped with buttery toffee and rich chocolate, and decorated with sprinkles and candy. Simple and delicious (no candy thermometer needed!).
Can you believe that Halloween is next week?! The month of October has seriously flown by. I love that Halloween falls on a Friday this year. We’re having a big group at our house for dinner and trick or treating, and I can hardly wait! I’m planning to make a batch of this graham cracker toffee for the adults to munch on while the kids enjoy their candy. But I must warn you, this stuff is seriously addictive.
This bark is made by laying out graham crackers in a pan, then topping them with toffee and chocolate, and decorating with candy. It’s the perfect combination of crunchy, buttery, and chocolaty! What I love about this toffee bark (aside from the taste) is that it is so simple. No candy thermometer is needed – just a handful of steps, and a little patience while it cools, and that’s it.
Feel free to top this with whatever kind of candy or sprinkles you like – it’s even good without the toppings. Whatever you do, find someone to share this with … if you’re anything like me, you shouldn’t be left alone with it.
Easy Cracker Toffee Bark
- 15 graham cracker sheets approximately
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- candy or sprinkles for decorating
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a 13x18 baking sheet/cookie sheet with sides with foil or a silicone liner. If using foil, spray it with nonstick spray. Lay the graham cracker sheets side by side in the pan, breaking pieces as needed to fill the pan.
- Place butter, brown sugar and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil, and boil for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Carefully pour over the graham crackers, and use a rubber spatula to evenly spread the mixture (work quickly - the toffee will start to firm up).
- Place the pan in the oven for 3 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top. Place back in the oven for 2 additional minutes. Remove from the oven and use an offset spatula to spread the melted chocolate evenly over the toffee. Immediately top with candy or sprinkles.
- Allow to cool to room temperature, then transfer to the refrigerator to firm up completely (at least 2 hours). Once chilled, break the bark into irregular pieces. I like to store it in the fridge.