Paleo Granola Recipe – A low-carb, Grain Free Paleo Granola filled with nuts, seeds, coconut and honey. Sweet, salty, crunchy and satisfying. You won’t be able to stop eating this!
Yes, you read that right – Paleo. Who am I? What’s going on?
First things first, this is not becoming a Paleo blog (worry not, my fellow sugar lovers). Plenty of good old fashioned baked goods, desserts, and cocktails will still be making regular appearances around here.
But, the truth is, I am trying to eat fewer carbs and grains and a few Paleo recipes have come out of my kitchen recently that are too good not to share. So, today I’m bringing you grain-free/low-carb granola that is every bit as good as a traditional carb-loaded oat granola.
How to make Paleo Granola
So, how do you make granola without oats? We’re using chopped nuts, seeds and coconut flakes, which are bound together with almond flour, raw honey and coconut oil. In addition to honey, the granola is also flavored with a hint of vanilla and a touch of cinnamon. Sounds amazing, right?
I have eaten a ridiculous (borderline gluttonous) amount of this granola. I guess I found the answer for how to stay satisfied on a low-carb diet: eating 12 pounds of nut granola. Ha! This stuff is straight up addicting. It’s crunchy, sweet, salty, and almost buttery (but, without butter!).
This granola is absolutely fabulous on its own (I love snacking on those big clusters). It’s also great with yogurt, milk, berries or sprinkled over oatmeal. Obviously, it’s no longer Paleo if you serve it with oatmeal or dairy.
Enjoy every crunchy cluster!
Grain Free Paleo Granola
- 2 cups raw unsalted chopped nuts (preferably a combination of walnuts, pecans, almonds and cashews), see note regarding soaking nuts for easier digestion
- ⅓ cup unsalted pepitas
- ⅓ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes/chips, use large flakes rather than finely shredded coconut
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt, more, if needed (see note)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ¼ to ⅓ cup raw honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone liners and set aside (do not skip this step, the granola will stick if directly on the baking sheet).
- In a large bowl, combine nuts, seeds, almond flour, coconut, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat coconut oil and honey until smooth and combined. Stir in vanilla extract. Pour over nut mixture and stir until well combined. Dump the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and spread into an even layer. Bake for 15-20 minutes until light golden brown, rotating the pan halfway through the cook time. Keep a close eye on it so that the nuts don't burn. Begin checking it around 13 minutes , and then every 2 minutes after. Place the pan on a wire rack to cool completely, the nuts will firm up as they cool. Break into irregular pieces and store in an airtight container.
Nutritional Information is an estimate based on third-party calculations and may vary based on products used and serving sizes.