A simple recipe for sweet and creamy Homemade White Hot Chocolate that is ready in minutes! See how easy it is in the video below.
We are in full-on Christmas mode around here. Our kids are really into Christmas, and we are having a blast. We’ve been going on walks to see lights, reading holiday books, decorating cookies, writing letters to Santa, and indulging in way too much hot chocolate. It’s so much fun!
Jake and Juliette have been requesting hot chocolate on a daily basis. And although I’d love to give in to their every request for “something warm to drink … that has MARSHMALLOWS!!!”, I’m trying to limit our hot chocolate consumption to a few times per week. Regular Hot Chocolate, Crock Pot Hot Chocolate, and Nutella Hot Chocolate are always favorites, but this year we have been enjoying white hot chocolate. It is so decadent and delicious.
How to Make White Hot Chocolate
This hot chocolate is a cinch to whip up, which means you can make as much or as little as you need. It’s basically three ingredients and one step.
- Heat milk, white chocolate and vanilla extract in a small saucepan. Whisk frequently, to help the chocolate melt. Once the chocolate has melted and the milk is warm – it is done! Add a pinch of salt, if you’d like to balance the sweetness.
Since there are so few ingredients it is important to use good quality white chocolate. I like Guittard or Ghirardelli white chocolate chips, or a chopped Lindt chocolate bar. You can top this hot chocolate with whipped cream, white chocolate chips, or candy canes. Adults could even add a splash of liqueur (yes, please).
I will warn you that this White Hot Chocolate is rich and decadent. This is an every-once-in-a-while treat that my family loves! The combination of sweet white chocolate with warm creamy milk is like a hug in a mug!
And if you’re looking for a way to put a huge smile on the face of a child, just hand them a mug the size of their head filled with white hot chocolate. Happy Holidays!
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
Homemade White Hot Chocolate
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup good quality white chocolate chips or chopped white chocolate, I use Guittard or Ghirardelli
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch salt, optional
- Optional garnishes: white chocolate chips, white chocolate shavings, marshmallows, whipped cream, candy canes
- Place the milk, white chocolate, vanilla and a pinch of salt (if using) in a medium saucepan. Whisk continuously over medium-low heat, until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth (do not boil). Serve immediately.