The easiest lasagna you’ll ever make! This Lasagna Soup is filled with all the flavors of lasagna – ground beef, sauce, pasta, and lots of cheese! Made in one pot and in under an hour. VIDEO BELOW!
My love for this Lasagna Soup is seriously out of control for many reasons, including:
- Cheese! Three kinds of CHEESE!
- It’s made in ONE POT, and it’s so easy!
- My love of carbs dictates my life. #truth
How to Make Lasagna Soup
- Start by sautéing ground beef. Feel free to swap it for ground turkey (for a lighter version) or bump up the flavor with some Italian sausage.
- Add the vegetables: onions and garlic, finely chopped carrot, and finely chopped spinach. The veggies are going to cook down and disguise themselves in the soup. Sneaking in those veggies boosts the nutritional value and, truthfully, it makes me feel less guilty about eating a bowl of pasta and cheese.
- Add marinara sauce, beef broth and seasonings to the meat and vegetables.
- Add the pasta right to the pot of meat sauce. Let it boil until the pasta is tender.
- Scoop into bowls and top with mozzarella, parmesan and ricotta cheese.
How to Make Healthy Lasagna Soup
- Use lean or grass fed ground beef or ground turkey.
- Increase the vegetables. In addition to the vegetables already in the recipe, you can also add finely chopped zucchini, kale, yellow squash, and/or red bell pepper. Add up to 2 cups of additional vegetables at the same time you add the other vegetables in the recipe.
- Decrease the pasta (by half), and use a whole wheat or whole grain variety.
- Take it easy with the cheese – a little goes a long way.
It’s a warm and comforting hug in a bowl.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups finely chopped fresh spinach
- 24 oz jar marinara sauce
- 3 - 4 cups beef broth, preferably low-sodium
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 - 4 cups campanelle, gigli, radiatore pasta, or broken lasagna noodles
- shredded mozzarella, ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese and basil, for garnish
- In a large saucepan, saute ground beef in olive oil until cooked through. Add onion, carrot, garlic, and spinach and saute for 5 minutes. Add another drizzle of olive oil if necessary.
- Add marinara sauce, beef broth, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, and bay leaf. Simmer, partially covered, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes.
- Bring mixture to a boil, add pasta, and cook uncovered until pasta is tender, about 10 minutes. Stir frequently so that the pasta doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan. Add water as needed (I added 2 cups), as the pasta will absorb some of the liquid. Discard the bay leaf, add salt to taste (this will depend on how much salt was in your broth and marinara sauce).
- Top each bowl of soup with mozzarella, ricotta, and parmesan cheese. Garnish with basil, if desired. See note regarding the soup thickening.