Healthy Lunch Ideas for Adults and Kids – No heating or microwave needed; everything can be served chilled or at room temperature. Use my printable recipe list to mix and match hundreds of lunch combinations. VIDEO and PRINTABLE BELOW!
Healthy Lunch Ideas
It’s the time of year that many of us are trying to make healthier choices. If you’re in need of some lunch inspiration – I feel ya! My family returns to school and work tomorrow after a wonderful holiday break, and I am currently in denial of the hustle bustle that is to come. One thing I know, is that our days run smoother when I have taken the time to prepare nutritious meals and snack.
Here are some of our favorite healthy lunch combinations. Feel free to mix and match to suit your tastes. Check out my printable “recipe” list with different categories for creating a well balanced lunch.
Healthy Lunch Ideas for Kids & Adults
Cherry tomatoes, grapes, blueberries, hummus, pita, turkey and cheese roll ups, dark chocolate chips.
Cherry tomatoes, celery with cream cheese, peanut butter and banana tortilla roll ups, strawberries and blueberries, dark chocolate covered peanuts.
Raspberries, blueberries, tomatoes, broccoli, hard boiled egg, granola bites, pasta salad (pasta, olive oil, parmesan cheese, peas and carrots).
Raspberries, graham crackers, salad, rotisserie chicken with BBQ sauce, mini oatmeal cookie.
Tortilla chips, blueberries, tomatoes, apples and celery with peanut butter and raisins, turkey and cream cheese tortilla roll ups, chocolate candies.
Carrots, blueberries, tortellini with marinara, cucumbers with ranch, banana chips.
Apple slices, pretzels, carrots and cucumbers with ranch, peanut butter granola bar, dried cherries.
Granola bites, pea crisps, apples with peanut butter, cream cheese and jelly sandwich, raisins.
Crackers, cucumbers, blueberries, turkey and cream cheese roll ups, cheese, raisins.
Trail mix, watermelon, crackers and cheese, ham and spinach roll ups, dark chocolate chips.
Mini muffins, string cheese, watermelon and blueberries, peanut butter sandwich crackers, almonds
Tortilla chips and salsa, fruit salad, almond butter and jelly sandwich, cheese, chocolate candies.
Banana chips and dark chocolate chips, string cheese, grapes, turkey roll ups, almonds.
Orange slices, raspberries, Mexican bean dip (smashed black beans, sour cream, cheese and salsa) with tortilla chips, mini oatmeal cookie.
Tomatoes, hummus with feta cheese, cucumber slices, crackers, chocolate chips.
Tips for packing these Healthy Lunch Ideas:
- If packing lunch for school, make sure that you are aware of any peanut or other food restrictions that the school might have in place.
- When packing lunch for yourself or your child, think about the other members of your family too. While assembling my son’s lunch I’ll put together a similar spread for my husband to take to work, or I’ll set aside some of the same food for my young daughter to eat at home for lunch the next day. While you’ve got all that food out, think ahead a little. It’ll save you time in the long run.
- Adjust the portion size based on whether the lunch is for an adult or child. When packing Jake’s lunch his portion sizes are smaller than those pictured here.
- Be sure to keep food safety in mind. Certain items listed will keep at room temperature but some will require an ice pack to stay cool.
OPTIONS: Print the RECIPE CARD below for lists that you can mix and match to create your perfect lunch OR click here → LUNCH IDEAS PRINTABLE for a pretty printable to hang in your pantry or cabinet.
Healthy Lunch Ideas (for adults and kids)
- Melon sticks or cubes
- Grapes try them frozen too!
- Carrots with dressing/dip
- Cucumber with dressing/dip
- Broccoli florets with dressing/dip
- Celery sticks with peanut butter or cream cheese
- Bell pepper strips
- Green beans
- Cherry tomatoes
- Green salad
- Sandwiches pb&j, turkey, ham, cream cheese and jelly
- Peanut butter, honey and banana tortilla roll ups
- Turkey/ham, cream cheese and spinach roll ups
- Turkey/ham with cheese and crackers
- Tortellini or pasta with pesto, olive oil or marinara
- Chicken salad (on bread, lettuce, or served with crackers)
- Egg salad (on bread, lettuce, or served with crackers)
- Tuna salad (on bread, lettuce, or served with crackers)
- Hard boiled eggs
- Bagel with cream cheese
- Rotisserie chicken with ketchup or BBQ sauce for dipping
- Layered Mexican bean dip with tortilla chips (beans, sour cream, salsa and cheese)
- Hummus topped with feta cheese serve with crackers or pita
- Whole grain waffles or mini pancakes
- Quinoa and veggie bowls
- Overnight oats
- Pretzels with peanut butter or almond butter
- Tortilla chips and salsa
- Hummus and pita chips
- Baked cheese puffs
- Trail mix
- String cheese
- Cottage cheese
- Whole grain muffins
- Protein bars or granola bars
- Graham crackers
- Mix and match ingredients from each category to create your perfect lunch!
Note: The lunchbox pictured is the Rover lunchbox from PlanetBox. All the food stays separated, nothing leaks or gets squished, it’s made from safe stainless steel, it’s eco-friendly, and it’s dishwasher safe. I seriously love it.