Mexican Street Corn Guacamole – Guacamole and Mexican Street Corn combine in this delicious recipe. Avocado, fire roasted corn, sour cream, lime, and cotija cheese pack this guacamole with flavor and texture!
Friends, tomorrow is Cinco de Mayo!! What are you eating? What are you drinking? How are you celebrating? Please share! We’re planning some pool time, accompanied by chips and guacamole, slow cooker fajitas, and some ice cold margaritas.
The thing is, I’m pretty much always looking for an excuse to eat chips and guacamole. So, you can imagine when Cinco de Mayo rolls around I’m not going to let the day pass without diving into a big bowl of guac. Today I am bringing you two favorites made into one – Mexican Street Corn Guacamole. Eeeekkkk!! I can barely contain my excitement.
Are you familiar with Mexican Street Corn? Its grilled corn covered in sour cream, lime, cotija cheese, and chili powder. It is a flavor and texture explosion. Sweet and salty, crunchy and creamy, tangy and smoky. It’s amazing.
For this recipe, I made a quick Mexican street corn mixture and a fairly standard guacamole, then I combine the two. For preparing the corn, I’ve got two options for you. You can either grill fresh corn on the cob or you can cheat (I won’t tell!) and use frozen fire roasted corn. I have seen frozen fire roasted corn at Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods. In a pinch you could totally just use regular frozen corn.
If you have a standard guacamole recipe that you love, feel free to use that as the base, and then just add the corn mixture. It’ll be delicious as long as you have the main flavor components: avocado, corn, cotija cheese, lime, and sour cream.
You guys, this is like the best stuff ever. So good, in fact, that I might have
nearly eaten that bowl of guac for my lunch yesterday. Grab some chips, pour yourself a margarita, and let’s eat all the Mexican Street Corn Guacamole.
You might also like: PINEAPPLE MANGO SALSA
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! SUBSCRIBE to our free EMAIL LIST – LIKE us on FACEBOOK – Follow on INSTAGRAM
Mexican Street Corn Guacamole
- 1 cup cooked and cooled fire roasted corn, fresh or frozen see note
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ⅛ teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons crumbled cotija cheese
- 2 large avocados, mashed
- 1 teaspoon finely minced red onion
- 1 clove small garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons diced tomato
- salt and black pepper
- Garnish: additional crumbled cotija cheese, chili powder and/or chopped cilantro
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- In a medium bowl, combine corn, sour cream, lime juice, chili powder, cotija cheese, and a pinch of salt. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, combine mashed avocado, red onion, garlic, tomato, ½ teaspoon salt, and a pinch of black pepper. Once that's combined, stir in a little more than half of the corn mixture. Taste and add more salt if necessary. Transfer to a serving bowl. Spoon the remaining corn mixture on top of the guacamole and sprinkle with additional cotija cheese, chili powder, and/or chopped cilantro. Serve immediately or refrigerate tightly covered for an hour or two (any longer and it might begin to turn brown).
Nutritional Information is an estimate based on third-party calculations and may vary based on products used and serving sizes.
Leave a Reply