A quick and hearty Bolognese Sauce filled with beef, tomatoes, red wine, and cream. This delicious sauce is perfect served over pasta with a glass of red wine.
This Quick Bolognese Sauce was created as part of a shop that has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are my own. The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older.
Have you made plans for Valentine’s Day? Do you prefer going out or staying in? I always prefer to stay home on Valentine’s Day. After the kiddos go to bed, my husband and I will be diving into pasta with bolognese and a glass (or two!) of red wine.
If you’ve ever made a traditional Bolognese sauce before, you know that it takes many, many hours to simmer away on the stove. This quick version is filled with similar flavors in a fraction of the time; less than an hour! It’s meaty and flavorful, with a slight hint of red wine in the background. It absolutely begs to be served over hot pasta and accompanied by a glass of wine.
I used The Dreaming Tree Crush (red blend) in the sauce itself, and I also paired it with the meal. The Dreaming Tree has several other varieties of red (I also picked up a Pinot Noir) as well as white wine. The Dreaming Tree Wines are a collection of approachable, high-quality California wines. As a California girl that counts Northern California wine country as one of my favorite places on earth, I am always happy to find a great California wine. I was also thrilled to learn that The Dreaming Tree is sustainably conscious from vine to table.
This Valentine’s Day express your love with food and wine! Whip up this Quick Bolognese Sauce, pour a couple glasses of wine, and enjoy a night in with someone special. Be sure to check out your local retailer for wine tasting demos.
Quick Bolognese Sauce
- 2 tablespons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ⅔ cup Dreaming Tree Crush, red wine blend
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes, I used crushed tomatoes with basil
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- parmesan cheese, for serving
- cooked pasta, for serving
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, carrot, celery, and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables soften, about 8 minutes. Add the ground beef. Saute, stirring frequently and breaking up the meat, until it is brown, about 10 minutes. Add the Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Add wine and stir to scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add crushed tomatoes and tomato paste, stirring until combined. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in heavy cream. If desired, you can also add some water to thin out the sauce slightly. Add additional salt and pepper to taste. Serve over pasta with parmesan cheese.
Nutritional Information is an estimate based on third-party calculations and may vary based on products used and serving sizes.