Easy Strawberry Rhubarb Sauce served over ice cream. These Sundaes are the perfect balance of sweet and tart.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 1 pound fresh rhubarb cut into 1-inch pieces
- cup scant 1/3 granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons strawberry jam or preserves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 quart ice cream or frozen yogurt I like vanilla, coconut or strawberry
For the rhubarb sauce:
In a medium saucepan, combine the rhubarb and sugar. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low. Cook partially covered, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 10 minutes.
Remove from the heat and stir in strawberry jam and cinnamon. Allow to cool to room temperature and then serve or refrigerate.
Rhubarb sauce adapted from Every Day magazine.
Calories: 43kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Sodium: 6mg | Potassium: 225mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 75IU | Vitamin C: 6.9mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 0.2mg