This easy Rhubarb Sauce is made with only 4 ingredients and produces a sweet and tart sauce that can be served warm or chilled. Use as a topping on ice cream, yogurt, cake, waffles, oatmeal, and more!
Hi, friends. I hope you are well. I know many of us are spending extended time at home and I hope you have found some delicious recipes to keep you busy. Before we get to this Rhubarb Sauce I wanted to share some recipes that have been popular with my readers lately with hopes that something might sound appealing to you as well.
Easy Banana Bread – The absolute BEST Banana Bread (check out all the great reviews).
Yeast Free Bread – No yeast is needed for this Honey-Oat Quick Bread.
Homemade Vanilla Pudding – An easy comforting classic made right on the stovetop.
M&M Cookies – These soft and chewy cookies are a crowd pleaser. Don’t have M&M’s? Use chocolate chips.
Brownie in a Mug – A fudgy brownie for 1-2 people made right in your microwave.
Small Batch Cupcakes – This recipe produces 5 moist vanilla cupcakes topped with vanilla frosting.
Banana Nut Muffins – Soft and fluffy banana muffins topped with brown sugar and nuts.
How to Make Rhubarb Sauce
Start by gathering the following ingredients:
- 1 pound of chopped rhubarb (fresh or frozen)
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons strawberry jam (raspberry jam can be substituted)
- Simmer the rhubarb and sugar for about 10 minutes, until tender.
- Stir in the cinnamon and jam.
How to Serve It
This is a fruit compote, and although you can eat it right off a spoon, we like it best served with something. You can serve it warm or chilled with ice cream, pound cake, yogurt, oatmeal, pancakes/waffles, and more.
Our favorite way to enjoy it is spooned over vanilla ice cream and topped with crushed graham crackers or biscoff cookies.
Stay well. I will see you back here soon.
- 1 pound rhubarb (fresh or frozen) cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a medium saucepan, combine the rhubarb and sugar. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low. Cook partially covered, stirring occasionally until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in strawberry jam and cinnamon. Allow to cool to room temperature and then serve or refrigerate.