Cookie Sundae – An indulgent ice cream sundae filled with the flavors of a chocolate chip cookie. Cookie dough ice cream topped with hot fudge, whipped cream, chocolate chip cookies, cookie dough balls, and chocolate chips!
It’s the day after a long weekend. Are you back to work? On your third cup of coffee? Counting the days until Friday? How about if we dig our spoons into a giant Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sundae? That’s bound to make this Tuesday feel better.
We kicked off summer this past weekend by enjoying this sundae. And let me tell you, it did not disappoint. I took inspiration for this sundae from Serendipity 3 in Las Vegas. I’ve been to Vegas many times (I’m only an hour plane ride away!), and whenever I go to Vegas, I look forward to indulging in delicious food.
Two summers ago I went on a girls trip to Las Vegas, and we made sure to squeeze in a stop at Serendipity 3 for ice cream. Serendipity 3 is known for their frozen hot chocolate and over-the-top ice cream sundaes. During our visit we shared a cookie sundae. It was loaded with cookie dough ice cream, piled high with whipped cream, dripping with hot fudge, and served with an assortment of cookies. It was decadent and delicious!
This past weekend I decided to make my own cookie sundae at home. I loaded the sundae with all things related to chocolate chip cookies – cookie dough ice cream, chocolate chip cookie pieces, cookie dough balls, and chocolate chips. Then I topped the whole thing with whipped cream and hot fudge!
This sundae is super easy. I used all store-bought ingredients, except for the cookie dough balls. I made those, and they came together in about 10 minutes (and they’re egg-free, so you can eat them without worry).
You can use vanilla, chocolate chip, or cookie dough ice cream for these sundaes. And if you really want to go all out, I have a recipe for Ultimate Cookie Dough Ice Cream (cookie dough flavored ice cream, filled with cookie dough pieces).
And now… I’m off to the gym. I’ve got a gigantic sundae to work off. 😉
Never miss a recipe – Subscribe to receive my recipes via email, or follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest or Google+.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sundae
- Cookie dough, chocolate chip, or vanilla ice cream
- Hot fudge sauce
- Whipped cream
- Chopped nuts
- Chocolate chips
- Chocolate chip cookies (chopped, crumbled, or left whole)
- Cookie dough balls, recipe follows
Cookie dough balls:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon plain Greek yogurt, for binding
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup to ½ chocolate chips, regular or mini size
- Place scoops of ice cream in a bowl and top with hot fudge sauce, whipped cream, nuts, and chocolate chips. Place chocolate chip cookies and cookie dough balls around the ice cream.
Cookie dough balls:
- With a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat butter and sugars for several minutes until light and creamy. Add vanilla extract and yogurt, and beat to combine, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- In a separate bowl, combine four, baking soda, and salt. Add flour mixture to the butter mixture, beating until incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop portions of dough and tightly roll into balls (whatever size you choose). Refrigerate or freeze until chilled.
Nutritional Information is an estimate based on third-party calculations and may vary based on products used and serving sizes.
Leave a Reply