This silky smooth Chocolate Mousse is made with only four ingredients and three simple steps. You won’t believe how easy it is!
Behold the easiest Chocolate Mousse in the universe. With only four ingredients and three simple steps, you can be diving into silky, smooth, chocolate mousse in no time.
Not only is this Chocolate Mousse ready just in time for Valentine’s Day, but I also have information on how you can help with our annual Valentine’s Day fundraiser benefiting Cookies for Kids’ Cancer (more on this below).
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Ease: Literally three easy steps. You can do this!
- Basic ingredients: Only four ingredients needed!
- Texture: So creamy, velvety, and smooth.
- Flavor: This mousse is for chocolate lovers. Use your favorite: milk, semisweet, or bittersweet chocolate.
Recipe overview: Easy Chocolate Mousse
- Chocolate chips
- Heavy cream
- Powdered sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Melt heavy cream and chocolate chips until sooth and combined. Cool to room temp.
- Whip heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla until stiff peaks form.
- Fold half of the whipped cream into the melted chocolate (reserve the remaining whipped cream for topping). Transfer into individual serving dishes (if desired) and chill.
How to fold in whipped cream
Folding is a lifting and scooping motion that incorporates batters while maintaining an airy quality. Use a large rubber/silicone spatula to cut through the center of the batter. Bring some batter up from the bottom and flip it over. Repeat scraping down the side of the bowl, into the center, flipping, and repeating.
Help us support Cookies for Kids’ Cancer
I’m excited to participate again this year in a Valentine’s event benefiting Cookies for Kids’ Cancer. This is the fifth year for our event and we want to continue to make a difference in the fight against pediatric cancer. Cancer is the #1 cause of death of children by disease in the U.S. There are 40,000 U.S. children actively battling cancer right now.
Please help us make a difference. Donate here today. Thank you for your support!
Easy Chocolate Mousse
- 1 cup chocolate chips (milk, semisweet, or dark), I use semisweet
- 1¾ cups chilled heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, heat chocolate chips and ½ cup cream until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. I do this in the microwave in 20 seconds increments, stirring well between each. Set aside to cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally (this took about 15 minutes).
- In the bowl of a hand mixer or stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat remaining 1¼ cups chilled cream with powdered sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form.
- Divide the whipped cream in half, transferring half to the refrigerator to use for topping the mousse. Fold* the remaining whipped cream into the melted chocolate in two additions. Once fully combined, transfer the mousse into individual serving dishes and chill for a couple hours. The colder it is, the more firm it will be. If you'd like it softer you can leave it at room temperature for about 15 minutes before serving. Top each serving with some of the reserved whipped cream.