Cucumber Salad Dressing – Light and creamy salad dressing flavored with cucumbers and herbs.
Happy Cinco de Mayo! I don’t have a Mexican themed recipe for you today. I figured that you’ve already decided what you’re eating today – and I hope it’s something delicious! If you’re anything like me, you use Cinco de Mayo as an excuse to consume large quantities of chips, salsa, and guacamole. That means tomorrow I will need to make up for today’s indulgences by eating a little lighter.
So, salad it will be. I have this dressing all set and ready to go so that I can make a big salad tomorrow. I find that a little planning ahead makes it easier to make healthy choices (it also allows me to eat more yummy Mexican food tonight with less guilt). 😉
Cucumber Salad Dressing
- Sour cream
- Mayo (just a little)
- Lemon juice
- Green onions.
This dressing is perfect on just about any type of salad and it can be used as a dip. In the recipe itself, I gave some variations for switching out herbs or adding other flavors. Use this recipe as a base and adapt it however you choose.
When it comes to eating salads, I think homemade dressing makes it so much more enjoyable. I typically make homemade ranch or balsamic vinaigrette, but I recently started making this herb and cucumber dressing, and it is my new go-to. It’s creamy, tangy, light, and refreshing – the ideal dressing for the warmer months ahead.
Creamy Herb & Cucumber Dressing
- 1 cup chopped cucumber see note below
- 3/4 cup sour cream I used light
- 1 tablespoon heaping mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 2 green onions chopped (white and light green parts only)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Milk if needed to thin the dressing
- Place all ingredients, except the milk, into a blender or small food processor and blend until smooth. Depending on the moisture content of your cucumber, you might need to add a splash of milk to thin out the dressing slightly.