Nutella Toast – Toasted bread topped with creamy Nutella and fresh fruit. A simple, delicious recipe that can be served for breakfast or dessert.
This Nutella bruschetta might have been my lunch yesterday. And the day before. Can you blame me? Crunchy, toasted bread, creamy, chocolaty Nutella, and just enough fruit to make me feel like I’m eating something healthy (yes, I can rationalize anything).
I don’t buy Nutella often because when I do, I usually manage to find ways to eat it any time of day, for any reason, until it’s no longer in my pantry taunting me. It’s addicting!
With Mother’s Day approaching, kids and loved ones are looking for something special and easy that they can make for Mom. This bruschetta is perfect for breakfast or brunch, or for serving a deserving Mama breakfast in bed. It’s really just fancified toast! Even someone who isn’t comfortable in the kitchen can throw this together – I promise!
Toast up some bread, spread generously with Nutella, and top with fruit. Served alongside a cup of strong coffee, this is sure to put a smile on the face of the Mom in your life. And what Mom wouldn’t want to start her day with chocolate covered bread? I sure would! Hint hint…
Fresh Fruit and Nutella Bruschetta
- Good quality sliced bread I used rustic white bread
- tablespoons Nutella or other chocolate spread
- Fresh fruit (I used raspberries sliced strawberries, and sliced bananas - pears, peaches or blackberries would be good, too)
- Chopped toasted hazelnuts
- Toast the bread. Spread the toasted bread generously with Nutella, then top with fruit and a sprinkling of hazelnuts. Serve immediately.