Brownies decorated like a football using chocolate and vanilla frosting. Use your favorite brownie recipe as the base. No cookie cutter needed!
It’s here! College football has begun, and the NFL season kicks off tomorrow! Are you planning to watch your favorite team with friends? Go tailgating? Relax at home? I thought you might want to sweeten up your football season with brownies. And not just any brownies – Football Brownies! Aren’t they adorable?!
How to Make Football Brownies
- Bake your favorite batch of brownies. They can be boxed, homemade or store bought.
- Cut the brownies into squares, and cut two corners off the squares to make a hexagon (no cookie cutter needed).
- Frost the brownies with swirls of chocolate frosting, then pipe on vanilla frosting for laces.
- Serve on top of green candies. I use mint M&M’s.
Super Bowl Dessert Idea
These brownies are perfect all football season long – and don’t forget to whip them up for your Super Bowl party. These are the perfect Super Bowl dessert – fun, festive, and delicious! Bring these brownies along to all your favorite games this season.
SUBSCRIBE to our free NEWSLETTER – LIKE us on FACEBOOK – Follow on INSTAGRAM
Frosted Football Brownies
- One 8×8 pan of brownies, baked and cooled
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar, plus more if needed
- 3-4 tablespoons milk, divided
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted if lumpy
- green M&M's, optional, for serving
- With a hand mixer, or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter until smooth and creamy. Gradually add the powdered sugar. Once all powdered sugar has been added, beat in 2 tablespoons milk and vanilla. Remove a generous ¼ cup of frosting (to be used for the laces).
- To the remaining frosting, add cocoa powder and 1 tablespoon milk. Beat on medium speed for about a minute. Add more milk if needed. The frosting should be smooth and able to hold its shape.
- Place chocolate frosting in a piping bag fitted with a small star attachment. Place white frosting in a separate piping bag with the end snipped just enough to create your desired thickness of laces.
- Cut the brownies into squares, and then cut off a little bit from two opposite corners to form a hexagon (or you can leave the brownies in a square).
- Pipe the chocolate frosting in a zig-zag pattern to form a diamond shape. Pipe white laces onto the chocolate frosting.
- Serve on top of green M&M's, if desired.
Nutritional Information is an estimate based on third-party calculations and may vary based on products used and serving sizes.
Leave a Reply