Healthy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies made with oats, almond flour, almond butter, raisins and maple syrup. You will be shocked at how delicious these cookies are – you’ll never know that they’re gluten free, vegan, and contain no refined sugar.
Hello, and happy 2016! I hope your year is off to a good start! I love that New Year’s Eve fell on a Thursday this year. I hope you got to enjoy a three day weekend! And on that note, who the heck starts New Years resolutions on a Friday? Blah! Not me. Now that Monday is here (waaaa) let’s talk about eating healthier, because the truth is, even my yoga pants are feeling too tight.
I’m totally on board to start eating more salads and swap a couple meals for green smoothies, but you know I also need cookies in my life … enter Healthy Flourless Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. You guys, these cookies are SO delicious. They are chewy and sweet and spiced with cinnamon. They’re loaded with good-for-you ingredients like oats, almond flour, almond butter, and coconut oil. They are absolutely tasty enough to qualify as dessert but, they’re nutritious enough to be breakfast also. My kids were thrilled when I let them have cookies and milk for breakfast. #MomWin
These cookies also happen to be naturally gluten-free and vegan! BUT WAIT! Don’t click away. Maybe you’re like me and when you hear “gluten free” and “vegan” you automatically think, “boring!” BUT, you need to know that this butter/eggs/milk/flour loving girl actually adored these cookies. I’ve made them twice in the last couple of days and my family can’t get enough. Also, you’ll be happy to hear that you can eat as much of this cookie dough as you want. No raw eggs = dough that’s safe to eat. Score!
I am happy to have found cookies that I can eat guilt free. This recipe will definitely be made again and again. Thanks to Alexa at Fooduzzi for the inspiration! Here’s to a healthy start to 2016!
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! SUBSCRIBE to my free EMAIL LIST – LIKE us on FACEBOOK – Follow on INSTAGRAM
You might also like: BERRY BAKED OATMEAL – HOMEMADE GRANOLA – OATMEAL PANCAKES – PEANUT BUTTER OVERNIGHT OATS
Healthy Flourless Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons almond butter, I prefer crunchy
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats (gluten free, if necessary)
- ⅓ cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk almond flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Whisk until no lumps remain.
- In a small bowl, whisk coconut oil, almond butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract until completely combined. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until combined. Add the oats and raisins and stir with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula until combined.
- Cover the bowl and place it in the back of your fridge (where it's really cold) and chill for 30 minutes. Scoop the chilled dough into 1 ½ tablespoon mounds (I use a cookie scoop) press the dough together tightly when scooping it. Space the dough balls a couple inches apart on the prepared cookie sheet. Lightly flatten each mound of dough (the cookies won't spread much while baking). If desired, you can press a few extra raisins onto the top of each cookie.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Be careful not to overbake. If desired, you can flatten the cookies a little more immediately after baking. Place the baking sheet on a rack to cool.
Nutritional Information is an estimate based on third-party calculations and may vary based on products used and serving sizes.
Leave a Reply