A no-bake ice cream pie loaded with chocolate and peanut butter. A chocolate cookie crust, peanut butter ice cream, peanut butter whipped cream, peanut butter cups, and hot fudge sauce!
We recently celebrated my husband’s birthday. As I’ve shared before, he is a big fan of the combination of chocolate and peanut butter. Since the weather is so warm I thought a no-bake ice cream pie would be the way to go.
Summer birthdays call for ice cream, don’t you think?
At first I wasn’t planning on sharing this recipe. To be honest, I made it up as I was going along, trying to cram chocolate and/or peanut butter into every. single. layer.
Once we tasted this ice cream pie I knew I had to share it with you. It’s easy, creamy, and so unbelievably tasty that I couldn’t keep this recipe all to myself. Let’s make ice cream pie!
We start by crushing chocolate sandwich cookies for the crust. The crust gets filled with vanilla ice cream that has been swirled with peanut butter and loaded with peanut butter cups (side note: Why have I never thought to swirl peanut butter into vanilla ice cream before?!? Peanut butter ice cream = mind blown). The ice cream layer gets topped with peanut butter whipped cream (swoon), then hot fudge sauce, then a big pile of peanut butter cups. See what I mean when I said I crammed chocolate and peanut butter into every layer?
We ate this pie for several days, stealing bites from the freezer after dinner (OK, and sometimes breakfast). As soon as it was gone I was ready to make it again. I figured, since we have to suffer through the sweltering heat, we should at least be rewarded with ice cream pie.
Happy (belated) birthday, honey. Thank you for giving us a reason to eat ice cream pie. We love you!
Never miss a recipe – Subscribe to receive my recipes via email, or follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest or Google+.
Peanut Butter Fudge Ice Cream Pie
- 20 chocolate sandwich cookies I used these
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1.5 quarts vanilla ice cream softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter I used salted crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chopped peanut butter cups
- 1 cup cold heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter at room temperature
- 1 cup chopped peanut butter cups
- Hot fudge sauce heated enough to pour but not hot
- Place the cookies in a food processor and process them into fine crumbs. Transfer to a bowl and pour over the melted butter. Stir until combined. Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie pan. I use the bottom of a measuring cup to help pack it in. Transfer to the freezer for at least 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the softened ice cream into a large bowl and add 1/2 cup peanut butter, stir until the peanut butter is evenly distributed. Add 1/2 cup peanut butter cups, and stir to combine. Pour the ice cream into the frozen crust and smooth the top. Return to the freezer until firm.
- With a hand mixer, or a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and 3 tablespoons peanut butter until stiff peaks are just beginning to form. Transfer to the refrigerator until ready to serve the pie.
- To serve: top the pie with peanut butter whipped cream, drizzle with fudge sauce, and garnish with 1 cup chopped peanut butter cups. Serve immediately. Any uneaten portions can be returned to the freezer.
Related chocolate and peanut butter recipes: