Happy Friday! Any big plans this weekend? My husband and I are going out of town for a few days without the kiddos – eeeekkk! I’m equally nervous and excited. Fortunately, we’re going to Napa Valley, and there will be plenty of wine to help calm my nerves about leaving my little ones. 😉
Before heading out, I had to get this recipe to you. It is officially Fall, so we must be consuming all things pumpkin, right?! These pumpkin blondies are so delicious. Quite possibly my new favorite pumpkin recipe! The batter is flavored with brown butter, pumpkin, and warm spices. White chocolate chips add creamy sweetness and pecans add just the right amount of crunch. The bars are soft and moist, and pure pumpkin perfection!
I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed the combination of pumpkin and white chocolate. They taste fantastic together! I highly suggest that you use good quality white chocolate for this recipe. I bought Guittard Choc-Au-Lait baking chips (this is not a sponsored post; it’s just a brand that I personally tried and loved). Their white chocolate chips stay super smooth, creamy, and bright white even after baking.
Between prep time and baking time, these Pumpkin Blondies can be on your table in under an hour. Get baking! Fall isn’t going to last forever. 😉
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
Pumpkin Blondies with White Chocolate and Pecans
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice or apple pie spice
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup good quality white chocolate chips I used Guittard
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x9 pan with foil and grease it. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Continue to cook, stirring or swirling the pan occasionally until the butter becomes a golden brown color and starts to smell nutty. Watch it carefully and make sure the bits on the bottom of the pan do not burn. Remove from heat and cool the brown butter slightly.
- In a large bowl combine brown butter, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, and pumpkin, whisking until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, pie spice, baking powder, and salt. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and stir until combined. Stir in the white chocolate chips and pecans (I reserve a few to press onto the top of the batter, as it makes for a prettier appearance).
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out without raw batter on it.
- Cool slightly before cutting and serving.