Fudgy brownies topped with chocolate whipped cream, fresh strawberries and chocolate ganache. Every bite tastes like a chocolate dipped strawberry!
I don’t know about you, but, this is what I want my Valentine’s Day to look like. Fudgy brownie, CHOCOLATE whipped cream and fresh strawberries. Not pictured: The wine and cheese that I’ll be enjoying right before devouring these Strawberry Brownies. Oh, Valentine’s Day – thank you for giving me a reason to indulge in an over-the-top treat on a random Wednesday in February.
My inspiration for this recipe was the quintessential Valentine’s Day chocolate covered strawberries. Cliche? Yes. But so delicious.
Let’s break down these brownies from the bottom up.
- Fudgy brownies filled with diced strawberries
- Topped with CHOCOLATE whipped cream
- Topped with fresh strawberries
- Drizzled with chocolate ganache
These are supremely decadent and absolutely perfect for a special occasion.
I topped this recipe with sliced strawberries and a generous drizzle of chocolate ganache, but, if you want to make this look even fancier, you can top it with chocolate dipped strawberries. That was actually my original intention, but by the time I got to the final step of this recipe, I just wanted to get the chocolate and strawberries on there ASAP so I could EAT it!
You could also skip the whipped cream, and top these brownies with Strawberry Buttercream. Yum!
Oh, and if you were wondering … calories don’t count on Valentine’s Day. Get baking! 😉
MORE VALENTINE’S DAY RECIPES
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
- ⅔ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon espresso powder , optional
- ¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon strawberry jam, see note
- ½ cup diced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup heavy cream, chilled
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 cups chopped or sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoons strawberry jam, see note
- ¼ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line the bottom of a 9 inch round cake pan with parchment paper. Grease the pan and the paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine cocoa powder, sugars, salt, flour, espresso powder, and chocolate chips. Whisk until combined. Add eggs, oil, and water and stir with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula until combined.
- In a separate bowl, toss ½ cup diced strawberries with jam (see note), then fold the strawberries into the brownie batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake for 25-35 minutes until the brownies no longer jiggle and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out without batter on it (fudgy crumbs/melted chocolate is ok). Place the cake pan on a rack to cool completely.
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment, whip 1 cup cream, powdered sugar, and cocoa powder until stiff peaks form. Refrigerate while you prepare the rest of the topping.
- Toss strawberries with jam (see note).
- Place chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon cream in a bowl and microwave in 10-second increments until melted and smooth (stir between each increment).
- Run a thin knife around the outside edge of the brownies and carefully remove from the pan. Place the round brownie on a plate and top with chocolate whipped cream. Top with strawberries and drizzle the melted chocolate over the top. Serve immediately.